School for Little People
The School for Little People began in 1969 as a ministry of First United Methodist Church of Sherman, and it continues today. Throughout its existence the program has been recognized for a developmentally appropriate teaching approach and a professional staff of teachers. Children experience joy in learning and build positive self-esteem as they discover and explore. In the learning environment, each child's imagination, independence, curiosity and creativity is encouraged. Each child has the opportunity to grow creatively, physically, spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and socially at his or her own rate.
The School for Little People offers:
- A weekday program for children ages 6 months to 2 years.
- A weekday preschool for children ages 3,4, and 5 years.
- A safe and caring environment in which your child can develop friendships, social skills, and self-confidence.
- Experience in art, music, and physical movement along with beginning sounds and pre-math skills.
- Small classes that provide individual attention.
- Daily physical activity in the gym and on the playground.
- A licensed program by the Texas State Department of Family and Protective Services.
In addition to our regular activities, we offer the following special opportunities:
- Field trips: Children visit places such as the zoo, the Sherman Public Library, and some local businesses
- Chapel time
- Computer Lab
- Library class
- Art Class
- Spanish Class
The School for Little People offers a Monday, Wednesday and Friday program August through May.
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Registration fee: $75 (non-refundable)
- $175 - Church Members
- $195 - Non-Church Members
For information and enrollment forms, please contact the Director of SFLP, Julie Sharp at 903-868-0805 ext. 115
All teachers have met the requirements of the TDFPS for Professional development in the areas of child growth and development, guidance and discipline, age appropriate curriculum, and teacher/child interaction. Teachers are certified in CPR and first aid.