One of the on-going mission programs at First United Methodist Church of Sherman is our Care Team. As the name implies, the Care Team provided for the care of our members and their families. The Care Team provides care in many forms.
- The Care Team sends out cards of all kinds. They include cards to members who are in the hospital or long-term care facility during their birthday or anniversary. They also send cards to express our sympathy to church members who have suffered a loss.
- The Care Team provides "Beyond the Wall" ministry with non-member families.
- Provide support materials for families who have experienced a death in the family.
- The Care Team visits members in health care facilities or those who are homebound.
- Each week, they deliver vases of flowers from the flowers from the Sanctuary.
- The Care Team takes communion to members who are in care facilities or who are homebound.
- They provide wedding and funeral hosts.
The Care Team meets once a month, on the 4th Monday of each month at 9:15 in room 115. If you are interested in join the Care Team, please contact Rev. Joe Ed Goolsby in the church office.
24-Hour Pastoral Care Line is 903-813-4233